The 17th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2018) hosted several workshops on a range of emerging and established topics related to the general theme of the conference such as theoretical, analytical and empirical aspects of the Semantic Web.
ISWC workshops are the primary venue for the exploration of emerging ideas, as well as for the discussion of novel aspects of established research topics in the area of Semantic Web. These workshops provide a setting for focused, intensive scientific exchange among researchers and practitioners interested in a specific topic. The ISWC 2018 Workshop and Tutorial chairs carefully selected a total of 16 workshop proposals, each workshop focusing on a specific area and organized by internationally renowned experts in their respective fields.
The key areas covered by the ISWC 2018 workshop programme include the core Semantic Web technologies such as knowledge graphs and scalable knowledge base systems, ontology design and modelling, semantic deep learning and statistics, and well as novel applications of semantic technologies to IoT, healthcare, social media and social good topics. Furthermore, several events addressed the topics on the interface of Semantic Web technologies and humans, including visualization and interaction paradigms for Web Data as well as crowdsourcing applications.
This book includes a selection of the best papers from 13 of the workshops co-located with the ISWC 2018 conference, namely:
• Visualization and Interaction for Ontologies and Linked Data (VOILA 2018)
• International Workshop on Semantic Web Technologies for Health Data Management (SWH 2018)
• The 13th International Workshop on Ontology Matching (OM-2018)
• Decentralizing the Semantic Web (DeSemWeb2018)
• Augmenting Intelligence with Humans-in-the-Loop (HumL@ISWC2018)
• The 2nd Workshop on Enabling Open Semantic Science (SemSci 2018)
• The 9th Workshop on Ontology Design and Patterns (WOP 2018)
• The Fourth International Workshop on Natural Language Interfaces for the Web of Data (NLIWOD) and the 9th Question Answering over Linked Data (QALD) challenge
• The 9th Workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks (SSN2018)
• The 4th Workshop on Semantic Deep Learning (SemDeep-4)
• Semantic Web for Social Good (SWSG)
• The 12th International Workshop on Scalable Semantic Web Knowledge Base Systems (SSWS2018)
• The 6th International Workshop on Semantic Statistics (SemStats 2018)
Each workshop's organizing committee evaluated the papers accepted for their workshop to propose those to be included in this volume. The authors of the selected papers improved their original submissions, taking into account the review comments. As a result, 18 papers were selected for this volume.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the workshop organizers and authors for their invaluable and inspiring contributions to the ISWC 2018 workshop programme.
Some of the papers included in this volume also appear as part of the corresponding volumes in CEUR Workshop Proceedings. In this case, a reference to the corresponding CEUR volume is provided. We would like to thank Manfred Jeusfeld for cooperation and support.
We would also like to thank the Organizing Committee of ISWC 2018 and especially the local organizers for supporting the day-to-day operation and execution of the workshops.