The first experience with limit state design approach was introduced in the Czech Republic already 45 years ago for shallow foundations. However just the experiences with the second version which was implemented in 1987 (25 years ago) will be discussed here in more detail. The paper describes both limit states Ultimate and Serviceability limit states.
Mainly the focus will be on:
- definition and distinction of the design into 3 geotechnical categories
- demands on the site investigation
- nominal values of soil properties for different geotechnical categories
- design approaches within limit states
- definition of material partial safety factors
- design calculations for both limit states
- evaluation of up to date experience with respect to probability of failure.
IOS Press, Inc.
6751 Tepper Drive
Clifton, VA 20124
Tel.: +1 703 830 6300
Fax: +1 703 830 2300 email@example.com
(Corporate matters and books only) IOS Press c/o Accucoms US, Inc.
For North America Sales and Customer Service
West Point Commons
Lansdale PA 19446
Tel.: +1 866 855 8967
Fax: +1 215 660 5042 firstname.lastname@example.org