This presentation is about the guiding principles of the draft ICT Roadmap for the years 2007-2010, which is now being finalized. The draft Roadmap is now being shared with the stakeholders in the Philippines, so that the result is a document that will embody all of the aspirations of all of the stakeholders. And with the consultations held in the past two months, it has been possible to determine the following reasons or rationale for why the review of the strategical map should be done.
1. Review / establish policy directions, as the lead agency for ICT development in the country;
2. Present the Philippine government's ICT-related strategies and programs to the citizenry;
3. Create wider awareness of ICT and its benefits to society;
4. Catalyze more ICT-related investment opportunities;
5. Lay out sustainable strategies for ICT-enabled economic development;
6. Recast, refine (or redefine) our short and medium term objectives;
7. Identify the key initiatives that will rally all stakeholders towards achieving our common objectives;
8. Provide the private sector with a reliable frame of reference to strengthen their strategies / action plans;
9. Increase coordination among stakeholders in implementing ICT programs and achieving desired outcomes.
The second part of the presentation is focused on the seven guiding principles which the government has developed to guide the building of the Roadmap.
IOS Press, Inc.
6751 Tepper Drive
Clifton, VA 20124
Tel.: +1 703 830 6300
Fax: +1 703 830 2300 email@example.com
(Corporate matters and books only) IOS Press c/o Accucoms US, Inc.
For North America Sales and Customer Service
West Point Commons
Lansdale PA 19446
Tel.: +1 866 855 8967
Fax: +1 215 660 5042 firstname.lastname@example.org