The issue of security is becoming increasingly important as civilization progresses into the information age (World Wide Web, transmission/distribution of digital multimedia data and more). In this article, we present the general concepts of a steganographic system, summarize our own steganographic research accomplishments during the past three years and propose a number of significant issues for future research on multimedia security systems (data hiding and authentication). In particular, we will discuss the following issues.
1. What is digital modern steganography/steganalysis?
2. Why, and who needs steganography/steganalysis?
3. What are the uses for steganography/steganalysis?
4. What are the differences among steganography, cryptography, and watermarking?
5. How can information be undetectably hidden?
6. How is a good cover medium for a given stego message chosen?
IOS Press, Inc.
6751 Tepper Drive
Clifton, VA 20124
Tel.: +1 703 830 6300
Fax: +1 703 830 2300 email@example.com
(Corporate matters and books only) IOS Press c/o Accucoms US, Inc.
For North America Sales and Customer Service
West Point Commons
Lansdale PA 19446
Tel.: +1 866 855 8967
Fax: +1 215 660 5042 firstname.lastname@example.org